Children are ready for seat belts alone when they can:
- Sit with their back and hips against the vehicle seat back and sit without slouching
- Bend their knees easily over the front edge of the seat
- The lap portion of the seat belt stays low and snug across the upper thighs
- The shoulder portion of the seat belt stays snugly across the mid-chest and shoulder
- Can maintain this position for the entire ride
Let’s chat, visit us at https://www.safety1st.com/ Just click on the icon in the lower right hand corner and type ‘help’.